Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The AR-18 is a gas operated, selective fire assault rifle chambered for 5.56×45mm NATO ammunition manufactured by ArmaLite.
- Weight: 6.7 lb (3.0 kg) (empty)
- 7.18 lb (3.3 kg) (loaded w/20 rd. magazine)
- Length: 38 in (970 mm)
- Barrel length: 18.25 in (464 mm) (6-groove rifling)
- Cartridge: 5.56×45mm NATO
- Action: Short-stroke piston, rotating bolt
- Rate of fire: 750 rounds/min
- Muzzle velocity: 3,250 ft/s (991 m/s)
- Feed system: 20, 30, or 40-round detachable box magazine
- Sights: Iron sights or removable 3× scope
- In The Terminator, the AR-18 is first seen in the gun shop scene. Later, an AR-18, along with a SPAS-12, is used by the Terminator to shoot out the police station and during the car chase following the motel scene. The gun is used with the stock removed (like the SPAS-12) and with two magazines taped together in a 'jungle style' configuration. The script refers to the rifle as an AR-18 and it is shown as such in the movie, though rather obviously a California gun store in 1984 would never sell a fully automatic rifle over the counter. The Terminator novel excuses this by stating the T-800 instead took a civilian AR-180 semi-automatic rifle and converted it to full-auto using tools stolen from a hardware store earlier in the day.
- The Terminator