The company is also known as Cyber Research Systems Corporation or simply CRS.
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
After the destruction of Cyberdyne Systems in Terminator 2: Judgment Day, the U.S. Department of Defense obtained Cyberdyne's patents and contracted with Cyber Research Systems to continue Cyberdyne's artificial intelligence projects.
Machines manufactured by Cyber Research Systems
- Pre-Judgment Day
- Post-Judgment Day
- Series 800 Terminator (presumably)
- Cyber Research Series 850 Terminator
- Cyber Research Series 900 Terminator
- Cyber Research Series 950 Terminator
- Cyber Research Series 1002 Terminator (presumably)
- Cyber Research Systems Model T-X Terminatrix
- T-Infinity (presumably)
- Dire Wolf (presumably)
- CRS only exists in the Terminator 3: Rise of the Machine timeline.
- Notably, in CRS's timeline, the organization built Terminator units before Judgment Day. In Cyberdyne's timeline, the organization didn't build Terminators until after Skynet became self-aware.
CRS and Terminator Salvation
The history of CRS is slightly modified from what was previously understood if Terminator Salvation is taken into account. Instead of going under after the destruction of its company headquarters in 1995, Cyberdyne survived and continued its AI research, presumably using the data saved in its off site back ups. According to the newspaper articles that Marcus Wright reads when accessing Skynet's data bank in Terminator Salvation, Cyberdyne existed until 2003, at which point it was sold to the United States Air Force. It can be presumed that it was either restructured into Cyber Research Systems or came under the administration of the Air Force's already existing division called CRS before the completion of the Skynet Defense System.
It should be noted that only the T3 novelization ever stated that Cyberdyne technology was acquired by the government after its company headquarters was destroyed. The T3 film itself never stated this and merely let the audience assume that fact.
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines