Dieter von Rossbach was a former CIA agent who retired from active service to live in Paraguay as a cattle rancher.
During a trip into town to recover a package being sent from the United States, Dieter was spotted by Suzanne Kreiger, the owner of Krieger Trucking, who is actually Sarah Connor. In defense of herself, Sarah ran from Dieter believing him to be a Model 101 Series 800 Terminator due to his resemblance to that particular model line.
He developed a friendship with Sarah, who was operating under "Suzanne", and her son John Connor despite a rocky start. He was cemented as one of their allies when a Terminator was sent to kill both he and the Connors during a dinner hosted at Sarah's ranch — Sarah herself having had planned to kill Dieter for fear he had discovered who she was. He would later assist the Connors against Skynet agents Serena Burns, Alissa, and Clea Bennet.
Dieter would survive until at least 2029 and presented himself along with Sarah Connor after Kyle Reese was sent back in time to 1984. He was involved in a relationship with Sarah Connor and was a member of the Resistance.
- Holmes: "How bad do you expect this thing to get?"
- Dieter: "Bad. Not as bad as it would have been six years ago maybe. But bad. Billions dead. End of civilization as we know it. Possible extinction of the human race."
- Holmes: "I really hope she's crazy, Dieter, if that's an improvement over the original version."
- Dieter: "I wish she was."
- ↑ Skynet selected von Rossbach for his physical size and the capabilities of his frame to disguise the endoskeleton of a Series 800 Terminator.