The Infiltrator is a type of Terminator created by Skynet to mimic humans and infiltrate the Resistance. An Infiltrator is a micro process controlled hyper-alloy combat chassis with human outer sheath to pass off as an ordinary human.
- See also: Living tissue
The T-600 Terminator was the first Infiltrator developed by Skynet as an attempt to infiltrate the Resistance. However, Skynet used the rubber skin as the covering sheath for the T-600 Terminator, which made it easy to be spotted by the Resistance.
The T-800 Infiltrator was the first truly successful Infiltrator unit, consisting of living tissue over a metal endoskeleton. Such Infiltrator features every human feature, including hair, blood, tear, sweat and bad breath. Some of the units can even highly mimic human emotion.
Later, Skynet develops new series of the Infiltrator based on mimetic polyalloy, allowing the units to impersonating any person molecularly sampled by physical contact. The first Infiltrator series with mimetic polyalloy is the T-1000 Terminator and its variants, such as T-1001 and T-XA. Those series are entirely composed of mimetic polyalloy, so they are capable of altering its form and appearance into any person or object of similar volume.
In Terminator Salvation timeline, the Skynet used the research from Cyberdyne Systems to create T-H Hybrid Human as the Infiltration Prototype before it could develop the Terminator Resistance Infiltrator Prototype (T-RIP).
Additional research was put forward into increasingly organic Terminators able to more efficiently evade detection and infiltrate human organizations, such as the TS-300 Stealth Terminator created by MIR, the T-900, and the I-950 Infiltrator.
TS-300 Stealth Terminator
- Main article: TS-300
Additional to the ceramic endoskeleton mimicking human weight and structure for scans, the TS-300 Stealth Terminator uses personality transfer software called "Stealth Infiltrator Personality" to create undetectable one-off copies of real human beings. The TS-300 is equipped with the EM sensor masking/stealth unit which enables it to defeat other electronic detection systems as well.
- Main article: T-900
Despite without the ceramic endoskeleton, the T-900 Infiltrator from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles timeline is able to copy and possess the personality along with the memory from the target for replacement. In addition, it can highly mimics human behaviors and emotions.
- Main article: I-950
Unlike other Terminators, the I-950 Infiltrator from T2 Trilogy timeline was born rather than created with technological enhancements added over time; the I-950 starts out as a baby with a neural net processor attached to the brain, providing an uplink to Skynet. Because of I-950's almost purely organic nature, it is harder to detect using metal detectors and is undetected by the dog.
T-H Hybrid Human
- Main article: T-H
In Terminator Salvation timeline, Skynet developed T-H Hybrid Human by transferring the brain and organs from a human body to an endoskeleton from the R&D left by Cyberdyne Systems. Thus, a T-H possesses every aspect of a human and is utilized as Infiltration Prototype.
- Main article: T-3000
Near the end of the war, Skynet tried to create a new breed of Infiltrator, known as the T-3000, made of converted humans. All of the converted humans went insane and died, but Skynet successfully converted John Connor into one T-3000. It had abilities similar to a T-1000 while still retaining his own memory, knowledge and personality, though loyal to Skynet, of his human self, making him able to perfectly blend in with humans. It proved to be nearly impossible to destroy as well.
- According to the comic The Terminator: The Dark Years, Skynet tried a new type of infiltration network using rat robots. John Connor discovered that Skynet was not only studying rats but all sorts of animals, even humans.
- In Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles episode "Allison from Palmdale", a similar program may be in play with the reveal that Skynet has captives, small apes, bears, and tigers in an Infiltrator interrogation and production facility on an aircraft carrier.
- In the comic Terminator: Revolution, Skynet dispatched Dire Wolf, a powerful wolf-type Terminator, to destroy the T-Infinity.
- In at least one timeline, the T-799 is the first Terminator with living tissue over a metal endoskeleton instead of the T-800.
- In the unofficial film Terminator II, a "Replicant" is a cyborg with many similarities to Infiltrators from the mainstream Terminator series.
- Kyle Reese: The 600 series had rubber skin. We spotted them easy, but these are new. They look human - sweat, bad breath, everything. Very hard to spot. I had to wait till he moved on you before I could zero him.
- The Terminator