Remorseless and direct, the Terminator demonstrated no human mannerisms during its short appearance.
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Season Two
The eyewitness account of its arrival noted that it appeared in the middle of the street via time displacement sphere and walked straight up to Peter Meyers, its first victim, in order to terminate him and take his clothes. Entering the home of former FBI Agent James Ellison, it was in the process of finalizing confirmation of its target when it was suddenly and unexpectedly attacked from behind by another Terminator, Cromartie, who stabbed the Terminator through the back with a metal pole, ripping out its power source. The real Ellison, shocked, asked Cromartie why he had saved his life. Cromartie replied that, unlike Skynet, he still believed that Ellison would lead him to the Connors. Cromartie then left, taking the deactivated body of the Ellison Terminator with him.
- The Ellison Terminator demonstrated remarkable inefficiency in its mission. While other Terminators verified their target before doing anything that would give them away, the Ellison Terminator broke down the real Ellison's door before observing him for several seconds and asking his identity before attempting to terminate him.
- Unlike other Terminators, he also seemed to have difficulties breaking down the door.
- This Terminator's destruction by Cromartie is yet another example of the mysterious link between himself and Agent Ellison. This marks the second time that Cromartie has saved or spared Ellison's life.
- It is not clear why Skynet has chosen to "replace" Ellison rather than simply terminating him. It's possible he was going to be used to get close to Catherine Weaver, suspected leader of the Cyborg Resistance.
Possible inferior model
Terminators series 888 (or triple eight), which are the most often seen among the Sarah Connor Chronicles, have a coltan reinforced chassis, resistant to bullets and impacts. Terminators series 800 also are strong enough to resist significant impacts. In Terminator 2 we see a T-1000 disabling the power cell of a T-800, but even there we can see that the T-1000 used all its force to do so. The force Cromorthie uses is similar to the force needed to pierce through a human chest. Whatever materials is Ellison Terminator made of, it sure is weaker then what is used for a T-800.
It could be possible that James Ellison Terminator is an older model, maybe a T-600 series, covered later with living tissue. If this is the case, one would wonder why would Skynet send such a weak machine and not a T-888 or a T-800 to do its work. There could be two answers:
- Maybe Skynet had no coltan or no spare parts to manufacture robots at that moment.
- Maybe the James Ellison Terminator was built this way, to be destroyed by Cromorthie. If this is the case, Cromorthie knew about it and lied.
- The Ellison Terminator: James Ellison?
— The only line of the Ellison Terminator
- ↑ Another witness confirms that it saw the Terminator appear in a time bubble in "Brothers of Nablus". It's most likely that the Terminator was sent from the future, as there has only been one confirmed incident where Terminators were sent from the past. (Cameron Phillips and Cromartie's head both traveled forward in time in the pilot).