Linda Hamilton was born September 26th, 1956, in Salisbury, Maryland. Following high school, Linda studied for two years at Washington College in Chestertown, Maryland, before moving on to acting studies in New York. In New York, she attended acting workshops given by Lee Strasberg. Her first parts where small parts in television series, with her biggest break coming with her role as Sarah Connor in The Terminator (1984) and its sequel Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991). Most known to the public at large from her part in the television series Beauty and the Beast (1987) in addition to Sarah Connor.
Filmography in Terminator franchise
- Sarah Connor
- Linda has an identical twin sister, Leslie, who appeared briefly in Terminator 2: Judgment Day as the T-1000, who was imitating Sarah Connor in the factory. She also played a brief cameo as a younger Sarah Connor in her apocalyptic dream.
- Leslie also appeared in the scene at the garage when Sarah and John changed the Terminator's CPU chip from read-only to read/write so that he could learn new skills. The mirror was in fact straight through to another set (reversed) where Linda was on one side and Leslie on the other. Arnold was on the mirrored side and a Terminator dummy the other. A much extended version of this scene is featured in the special edition of the Terminator 2: Judgment Day DVD.
- Dalton Abbott, who played infant John Connor in Terminator 2: Judgment Day, is Linda Hamilton's son.
- Linda uttered the famous line from the Terminator franchise, "Come with me if you want to live", in the television series Chuck episode "Chuck Versus the Leftovers".
- Of the three actresses who have played Sarah Connor, Linda Hamilton is the only one who hasn't appeared in the HBO series, Game of Thrones. Lena Headey, who played Sarah in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, plays Cersei Lannister. Emilia Clarke, who is Sarah in Terminator: Genisys, plays Daenerys Targaryen.