The M79 grenade launcher, also referred to as the blooper, is a single-shot, shoulder-fired, break open grenade launcher which fires a 40x46mm grenade. It first appeared during the Vietnam War. The M79 can fire a wide variety of 40 mm rounds, including explosive, anti-personnel, smoke, buckshot, flechette, and illumination. This is the favored weapon of the T-800 sent back in time to protect young John Connor.
- Length: 7310 mm / 28.78 "
- Weight: 2.7 kg / 5.95 lb (empty) / 2.93 kg / 6.45 lb (loaded)
- Barrel length: 35.7 cm / 14 "
- Cartridge: single 49x46 mm grenade
- Action: break-action
- Muzzle velocity: 76 m/s / 247 ft/s
- Effective range: 350 m / 1149 ft
- Feed system: breech-loaded
- Television series