The M82 is being manufactured by Barrett Firearms Manufacturing and primarily employed as anti-materiel weapon. Effectiveness is mostly determined by type of ammunition used. The weapon is mostly used against light-armoured vehicles, weapon emplacements and unexploded ordnance. A single hit from it is supposed to penetrate and disable a motor block.
Different variants of this weapon exist. An M82 is usually equipped with a telescopic sight, a folding bipod in front of the trigger and a detachable monopod under the butt.
- Length: 1450 mm / 57 "
- Weight: 14.0 kg / 30.9 lb
- Barrel length: 73.3 cm / 29 "
- Cartridge: 12.7x99mm NATO (.50 BMG)
- Action: recoil-operated, rotating bolt
- Muzzle velocity: 853 m/s / 2,799 ft/s
- Effective range: 1,800 m / 5,906 ft
- Feed system: 10-round detachable box magazine
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
- Sarah: I had planned on waiting for you with Derek's sniper rifle. Pull the trigger. Solved about fifty percent of my problems. One shot. Do you know how bad I'd have felt?
- Cameron: Very bad?
- Sarah: Not bad at all.