Rob Garrett, the pawnshop clerk, worked at Alamo Sports Shop and provided the Terminator with several weapons, including the Armalite AR-18, .45 Long slide with laser sighting, Franchi SPAS-12, and Uzi 9mm, on May 12, 1984. The clerk was particularly impressed with the Terminator's knowledge of guns. However, after mentioning a 15-day wait for handguns, the clerk was killed by the Terminator.
Behind the Scenes
- The pawnshop clerk was portrayed by Dick Miller, who would later act opposite Anton Yelchin, who played the younger incarnation of Kyle Reese in Terminator: Salvation, in the 2014 horror comedy Burying the Ex.
- The Terminator film
- The Terminator: (Cocks Armalite AR-18 rifle)
- The Terminator: The 12 gauge auto-loader.
- Pawnshop Clerk: That's Italian. It can go pump or auto.
- The Terminator: The .45 long slide, with laser sighting.
- Pawnshop Clerk: These are brand new, we just got 'em in. That's a good gun. Just touch the trigger, the beam comes on, and you put the red dot where you want the bullet to go. You can't miss. Anything else?
- The Terminator: Phased-plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.
- Pawnshop Clerk: Hey, just what you see, pal!
- The Terminator: The Uzi 9 millimeter.
- Pawnshop Clerk: You know your weapons, buddy. Any one of these is ideal for home defense. So, which'll it be?
- The Terminator: All.
- Pawnshop Clerk: I may close early today. (takes out forms) There's a 15 day wait on the handguns, but the rifles you can take right now.
- The Terminator: (takes shotgun shells and loads SPAS-12)
- Pawnshop Clerk: You can't do that.
- The Terminator: Wrong. (shoots clerk)