In some occasions, Skynet will sent Terminators to protect key persons responsible for the creation of itself.
- Kyle Reese: Assigned to protect Sarah Connor
- A T-800: Assigned to protect John Connor
- A T-850: Assigned to ensure the survival of John Connor and Katherine Brewster.
- A T-800: Assigned to protect Sarah Connor.
- C890.L, C850.D, and HC875.S: Assigned to protect Dr. Bertram Hollister, Cyberdyne Systems Project Leader for Project Bellerephon.
- Mary Randall: Assigned to protect Sarah Connor
- The Female T-950: Assigned to protect John Connor.
- John Connor (2015): Accidentally travelling to 1996 to protect his younger self.
- Television series
- John Connor: You're not here to kill me - I figured out that for myself. So what's the deal?
- Terminator: My mission is to protect you.
- John Connor: Yeah? Who sent you?
- Terminator: You did. 35 years from now you reprogrammed me to be your protector here - in this time.
- John Connor: This is deep...
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- John Connor: What is your mission?
- Terminator: To... ensure the survival... of John Connor... and Katherine Brewster.
- John Connor: You are about to fail that mission.
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
- Cameron: I was sent here to protect John.
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles pilot episode
- ↑ Direct quote from the pilot episode of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Her original objective is unknown, although she attempted to terminate John Connor when her chip was damaged in the episode "Samson & Delilah".