The Remington Model 870 Police Max is a U.S.-made 12 gauge shotgun manufactured by Remington Arms Company, Inc. It is widely used by U.S. police and the U.S. military.
The 870p is a variation of the standard Remington 870 Pump Shotgun produced in 1950. The design itself was based on the Model 17 Shotgun designed by John Pederson and John Browning. The 870p was released specifically for use by Police and Military personnel.
The 870p Max has the following features:
- 6+1 round capacity with optional 2-shot extension tube
- Pistol grip
- Shorter buttstock than standard 870 (by 1")
- Ring sight system with removable front ring
- Weapon-light mounted on bottom of barrel
- Recoil Pad to reduce recoil by 50% (making it easy to handle by smaller officers)