The T-800 was Skynet's first cybernetic organism, with living tissue over a hyperalloy endoskeleton. This made it Skynet's first successful Infiltrator unit, capable of infiltrating the Resistance.
In the original timeline, Skynet itself designed and began production of the Series 800 in 2026, due to the ease with which the Resistance could identify the Skynet designed Series 600 with its rubber skin. In this timeline, the last design created by Cyberdyne Systems itself was the Series 70. 
In Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines timeline, Cyber Research Systems used information obtained from past time loops to begin the 800 design before the Judgment Day in 2004, accelerating Skynet's own designs, and culminating eventually in the T-X Terminators. While the Series 800 was later supplanted by the Series 850, in this timeline, they were operational at a certain point before 2015.
In the Terminator Salvation timeline, Skynet has created a prototype Series 800 Terminator in 2018.
The Series 800 consists of various important parts:
The T-800 contains a Neural Net Processor CPU, or "learning computer", contained within the endoskeleton's skull and protected by inertial shock dampers. The CPU, developed by Cyberdyne Systems, is one of the most powerful microprocessors ever built. As part of its vast internal databases, the T-800 contains detailed files on human anatomy and physiology so as to make it a more efficient killer. The CPU could also be updated with multiple database files related to advanced infiltration techniques, basic training for soldiers, emergency medical training, sniper training, an extensive tactical database, and detailed files from other terminators making each unit a combat veteran.
The metal endoskeleton of the T-800 is a microprocessor controlled fully armored hyper-alloy combat chassis and is constructed with frictionless bearings in its joints, and a servo-actuated control system. Its limbs are controlled by axial drive motors and clavicular trailing links, allowing the T-800s to maneuver faster than the Series 600 Terminators, as bursts of speed of up to 22 mph no longer threatened the joint assemblies.  The T-800 was also 20% lighter and 40% stronger than the T-600.  The armored frame is capable of withstanding most small arms fire and is able to survive being set on fire and being covered in molten steel with only minimal damage and no degradation of capabilities. 
There are weak spots, though; Kyle Reese was able to blow the first Terminator in half with a pipe bomb by jamming it in between its joints. However, the upper half torso was still functional albeit with a severed left arm. Sharp-edged objects such as metal pipes or shrapnel could penetrate the endoskeleton armor plate if propelled with sufficient force. Energy weapons like those mounted on the T-X could penetrate the armor and momentarily disable the T-800. Enough force could permanently dislocate limbs and disrupt the internal frame.
- Living tissue sheath
This is referred as the mold around the endoskeleton. Living tissue grown specially for the T-800's consists of flesh, skin, hair and blood, the synthetic flesh takes approximately 40 days to adequately be attached to an endoskeleton and is capable of limited regeneration over time. As this tissue is living it is warm to the touch and hence T-800's will not show up on thermal scanners as being any different from a real human. The biological components are only grafted onto T-800's which are to be used to infiltrate Resistance bases; T-800's which are deployed straight onto the battlefield usually do not possess biological components.
As part of our scientific progression, mankind has unraveled the human genome and we were able to identify the genes which control cell life-span and degradation. Using this information, stored within its vast databases, Skynet has been able to eliminate these unwanted genes from cells prior to industrially growing biological components for the T-800's. This means that the skin and muscles of the T-800's, unlike the human equivalents, do not wear down, degrade or necrotize over relatively short periods of time. It also means that the T-800's biological components will not rot over long periods of time, and do not require a flow of nutrients or anti-bodies. However, if a T-800 is left on the battlefield for too great a period, its biological components will begin to rot, and its cover will be blown.
Though it does not need nutrient or blood flow, the T-800 has a circulatory system which is controlled by a tiny pneumatic pump which maintains a constant pressure. This allows the T-800 to bleed convincingly when wounded. However, the living tissue of the T-800's is still prone to necrotization after a period. Therefore, when not in active service, flesh covered T-800's are stored in special racks in a cryogenic vault to preserve the flesh from deteriorating.
The T-800 is capable of running internal systems checks; calculating the distance of objects relative to itself; targeting with a precision head-up display; making detailed kinetic studies of trajectories; sampling and analyzing the atmosphere, weather patterns and wind velocity; analyzing human emotional states (in order to assess possible hostility); analyzing body language and direction of muscle contraction; calculating the force of gravity; analyzing texture and temperature of materials; and sensing radar scans. It is fitted with an internal chronometer. In order to keep track of its battle units, Cyberdyne Systems had given each one a Series number. The Series number refers to the type of internal structure or chassis (endoskeleton). However, the 800 Series also has different configurations of living tissue, each one giving it the appearance of a different person. The physical appearance of the living tissue (which was initially based on photographic records from Skynet's databases and laser scans of human soldiers) is therefore also given a Model number.
The inert T-800's are housed within a large vault-like cold-storage room. Massive doors of steel, equipped with electronic locking bolts bar the entrance to this facility. The T-800's hang in steel racks from tracks mounted in the ceiling. Hundreds of flesh covered T-800's are stored like this. They are arranged in rows of ten, where each of the bodies within each row are absolutely identical (each of the same Model). Each body hangs in its own cryogenic "hybermatrix." This cryogenic storage and the vacuum sealed room ensures that the T-800's flesh will not decay or necrotize from exposure to warm, oxygenated air that may contain pathogens. The living tissue makes it very difficult for humans to identify T-800's. A significant number of these Infiltration units have therefore been able to breach our defenses and slaughter Resistance fighters. However, trained "sniffer" dogs posted at checkpoints are effective at detecting this new threat.
T-800's being deployed straight onto the battlefield as soldiers do not need a disguise and so do not receive a biological covering. These units therefore do not need to be stored in the Cryogenic Chambers, and are stored in a huge rack covered chamber when not needed. A set of massive robotic manipulator arms stationed in the center of the chamber selects battle units when they are to be used in service. Skynet controls its battle units using direct link command, an operating mode known as "Hive," where the battle units are hooked directly into Skynet and share a collective conscious. However, there are hundreds of autonomous Terminators not under Skynet's direct control. This is the second form of operating mode and is known as "Rogue." In this mode, battle units are independent of Skynet but are programmed to return and download information.
The 800 Series is also equipped with vocals which enable it to replicate any human speech pattern of which it has heard an adequate specimen. It does this by recording and storing syllables of the subjects' voices, which it then replays and uses to digitally synthesize their speech patterns. The T-800's auditory sensors are located upon either side of its head, where human ears would be. One ear records the full unequalized range of external sounds, while the other can automatically filter signals to within a narrow range for a specific auditory signal.
The T-800's optical sensors can sample an extended range of visible frequencies, including infrared (which can allow it to see heated bodies in total darkness). This information is then displayed on a 40,000 bit digitized display. Concussion-proof lenses protect the T-800's eyes, which are capable of moving independently. When using both eyes to track two different targets moving in different directions, depth perception is created artificially by creating a computer-generated off-angle ghost image. The T-800 is capable of motion tracking, search modes, facial identification and recognition and has extensive vision enhancement capabilities including long range "zoom" (the T-800 can snap-magnify an image by around x15), motion analysis and "night vision." The T-800’s visual systems (at least) appear to be programmed in COBOL and 6502 assembly (specifically Apple +2 assembly).
The T-800’s do not feel pain and they do not have nerve endings, but they can sense injuries. We believe that the T-800 can do this through the use of impact sensors or as part of the overall sensor "sphere" that the unit generates, approximately akin to counter battery radar. There may be various impact sensors that record localized vibrations in the armor shell and, by extrapolation, "sense" where the damage in the T-800's living tissue is. The T-800 may also use these sensors to locate threats that are either hidden or out of visual range. This data then allows the T-800 to conduct low-complexity self repairs.
If disabled, the T-800 is able to re-route its systems to a secondary, alternate power source, thus bypassing any severed connections, damaged circuits, or internal impairment. The 800 Series also has redundant backup hydraulic systems. Therefore, it is imperative that Resistance members determine that any T-800’s are totally incapacitated in combat, lest the units are able to revive themselves and continue battle or pursuit of their target.
Unlike their T-600 cousins, who could be easily dispatched via a well-placed gunshot to the cranium, the T-800 is far more durable to all forms of attack. The exact extent of what they can endure is subject to their circumstance, though most have displayed remarkable resilience to encounters that would leave its predecessors as a pile of scrap metal.
- The T-800 was hit five times with a shotgun with enough force to blast it out a window, but was only momentarily disabled by the attacks and appeared to suffer no lasting damage.
- While escaping from Tech Noir with Sarah Connor, Kyle Reese managed to swerve the car so that the T-800 was thrown from the hood and crashed across the top of another vehicle and onto the floor, again with no lasting damage.
- During the chase in the car lot, Kyle scored a lucky hit to the T-800's face, a shard piercing its left eye. The T-800 had to remove the gelatinous covering, but its optical receptor was undamaged.
- In the same chase, the T-800 collided with a wall at high speed and damaged its right arm. The damage appeared to be confined to a single part that had become jammed in a fixed position, but the machine was able to re-adjust the part, putting it back into its original position without any further problems.
- While chasing Sarah and Kyle across the highway on a motorcycle, the T-800 was crushed against the divider and its vehicle destroyed. Shortly after, a truck hit it head on and the T-800 was dragged beneath it, suffering damage to its left leg and head that resulted in a limp and optical damage.
- Kyle placed a pipe bomb inside the exhaust of the T-800's stolen fuel truck, resulting in a massive explosion that consumed the entire vehicle and the machine inside it. It is unclear what kind of damage the T-800 received from this, though it did climb out of the wreckage with its entire flesh sheath burning away and appeared to collapse into a shutdown state for a short while before rebooting.
- Defeated, Kyle stuck his last pipebomb between the T-800's spine and right piston, the resultant explosion proving to be devastating to the machine due to its yield and proximity. The T-800 was blown in half, its left arm being obliterated also as it tried to remove the bomb at the time of the explosion. Despite this severe damage, however; the machine was still able to reboot and continue with its mission.
- Finally, the T-800 was caught in a hydraulic press and crushed. Its endoskeleton was unable to take the pressure and gave beneath it, resulting in its entire structure being flattened beyond repair, the central processor smashed as well.
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- In it's first confrontation with the prototype T-1000, the T-800 took several shots to its back from a Beretta 9mm. The bullets had no effect on the machine whatsoever other than damage to it's skin. The same applies to when the T-1000 shot it with a Browning Hi-Power pistol in Pescadero and the MP5 submachine gun fire it received from the SWAT team at Cyberdyne.
- When the machine slammed on the brakes during the highway chase to crash the T-1000's pursuit 'copter, the SWAT van it was driving toppled onto its side from a burst tire. The T-800 emerged from the van with no damage besides that to its flesh sheath.
- As the coolant truck crashed into the steel mill, the T-800 threw itself from the truck and forward rolled into a stack of metal piping. The momentum and velocity upon which it hit the floor and then the machinery resulted in a loss of motor control, mostly in the form of a limp in its left leg.
- During its second hand-to-hand confrontation with the T-1000 the T-800 was pushed into giant gear mechanism, resulting in its left arm being trapped by the wheel. The gears ground to a halt, but being unable to move it, the T-800 was forced to use a steel rod to split its own arm and tear itself away from the remains.
- In its last fight with the T-1000, it received heavy abuse from the superior machine, including repetitive blunt trauma to the head which caused enough hydrostatic shock to render the machine immobile for a short time. It fell to the floor and was unable (or unwilling) to exert the energy required to get back up. The T-1000 then drove the same metal rod into its back, twisting and bending the back plating to allow it to drive the rod into its primary power cell, disabling it. The T-800 was able to use heat sinks to revive itself, however; and absorbed enough thermal power to remove the rod, grab its weapon, and crawl onto an upward conveyor belt. It was later able to get back to its feet and walk with assistance from John Connor.
- The T-800 was lowered into a vat of molten steel whereupon the extreme heat proved too much for the endoskeleton to endure, resulting in the machine being melted and consumed by the lethal environment. However, it lasted long enough to give John a "thumbs up".
- John Connor fired a burst of automatic fire into its chest with no effective damages.
- Moments later, John hit the T-800 with two grenades, resulting in the complete destruction of its flesh sheath. However, its endoskeleton suffered no noticeable damage from these attacks. This is the first instance where a T-800 has endured something that its previous counterparts could not (see above re: pipe bombs), suggesting it is more durable than its predecessors. However, it's possible that Kyle Reese possibly put the pipe bomb in one of its weak point or maybe the Terminator was already damaged to a point where a simple bomb could destroy it, as it was shot multiple times, and was in a car crash and tank explosion, while the Prototype was freshly built.
- After a surprise attack on both John and Kyle, the T-800 was hit with a third grenade at close range, the force of which threw the machine several feet and rendered it inoperative for a short time.
- While trying to escape the T-800, John shot it several times with a combat shotgun, the shells of which caused enough force to make the machine pause with every hit; yet it still advanced without any sign of damage, despite Connor aiming for its vulnerable spots (shoulder joints etc.).
- Enraged by the melting of his hand, Marcus Wright (an infiltration prototype) charged the T-800 from behind and threw it into a steel drum before beating it repeatedly with a metal rod. The machine was barely fazed, however; and quickly overpowered the cyborg.
- John fired several pistol shots into the T-800, with no effect.
- The T-800 was consumed by molten steel from above, however; due to the temperature of the steel (less than that which disintegrated the T-800 in T2) it was able to keep lambering towards its target, despite the mass of metal on its shoulders and in its joints. It is possible the metal could've damaged it more given enough time, but the metal was super cooled moments later, trapping the machine but saving it from disintegration.
- The cooled metal locked up the T-800's joints, but the T-800 was able to use sheer mechanical strength to break free from the brittle ore and was able to partially recover; though not enough to be able to fight when Marcus used a piece of pipe to rip the T-800's head from its shoulders.
- The early production T-800 is also known as the T-RIP (Resistance Infiltrator Prototype) in several pieces of merchandise.
- The T-800 Terminator is an updated T-700 endoskeleton fitted with the synthetic skin.
Skynet, if needed, could add new equipment and programs not standard in the T-800's.
Ocular Implant: Retinal Lasers are difficult to produce; these implants are mainly found in Terminators with high profile targets. The destructive power of the Lasers is comparable to the Plasma rifles used by Skynet, but if fired by an Infiltrating Terminator, it will permanently burn the tissue of the visual sensors. This aspect does not effect the T-831 or other Terminators that are not covered in organic tissue.
Combat situations notwithstanding, the T-800 has a functional period of 120 years on one power cell. This small compact nuclear-energy Iridium cell is located in the same approximate position as a human's heart, and is shielded in a case-hardened subassembly inside the triple-armored hyperalloy torso. 
The T-800 is, however, also capable of a conservation, or economy, mode. It does this by collecting and storing excess energy in compact energy sinks. In this mode, power is cut to 40% of nominal function; optical systems are switched to infrared only; and motivation units lose 40% hydraulic pressure as pumps slow. In this state, the T-800's power cell can last almost indefinitely. 
The T-800 is generally issued with a Westinghouse M-27 Phased Plasma Battle Rifle in the 40 watt range or General Dynamics RBS-80 Phased Plasma Pulse Gun. However, it is programmed to be able to use all military documented weaponry. The 800 Series is, for example, extremely efficient in the use of the .45 longslide automatic, the model 1887 Winchester lever-action shotgun, the Franchi SPAS-12 shotgun, the Heckler & Koch MP-5s, the M-79 grenade launcher, the Uzi 9-millimetre, and the M-134/GAU-2b minigun.
Because of its ability to learn, it is able to defeat its more advanced series such as the Series 1000 Terminator in combat on occasion. However, any particular advantage would be countered if Skynet were to set these units to learn as well.
Long Term Self-Awareness Flaw
It appears as though some units which have had their CPU's set to read-write mode and have been in the battlefield for long periods have taken a new level of understanding, wherein they choose to fight for humans rather than against them, as a rogue T-800's primary concern is self-protection this is understandable.  Skynet sees these units as threats and has ordered that all other models to terminate them on sight. However, these units have developed a large database of in-field improvisation, improving upon their combat ability and self-repair function. It is not uncommon for a rogue T-800 to improve its physical design by replacing or improving components of itself from other disabled units as seen by a captured T-800 unit which showed multiple non-standard modifications, including crude armor plating, additional CPU's, multiple limbs, serrated talons and internal multiphasic weaponry powered by its internal fuel cell. 
Skynet has used such in-field modifications in its latest designs.
The "Rogue" T-800s have achieved this level of autonomy by having their CPU set to "read-and-write" shortly after factory production. The CPU can be manually switched (this ensures that the switch is not activated by a virus or programming glitch) from "read-only" to "read-and-write," enabling it to learn from its contact with humans, and therefore allowing it to conceal itself more effectively. However, some units have reached a level of understanding where they could choose to accept commands from Skynet or even choose to fight against Skynet.
Each Terminator does also have a unique alphanumeric serial number. It contains four or more letters, which the first and last position is usually an alphabetic letter and the middle positions are numbers. The last letter is separated from the other letters with a dot. These serial numbers are revealed in some comic series.
The Series 800 combat chassis when not intended for infiltrator work and fielded without an organic infiltration coating is more properly identified as a humanoid hunter-killer (HK) and are designated with a shorter four character alpha numeric code.
If all four characters are available to be used as either numbers and letters, and the designations of any destroyed HKs are recycled into the system for reuse, that gives Skynet an available pool of 1,679,616 actively designated units at any one time for each HK series, more than enough for humanity's post Judgment Day population.
- See also: :Category:T-800s
Dark Horse Comics
- Kyle Reese: The 600 series had rubber skin. We spotted them easy, but these are new. They look human - sweat, bad breath, everything. Very hard to spot. I had to wait till he moved on you before I could zero him.
- The Terminator
- "Where a man's heart would be, shielded in a case-hardened subassembly inside the hyperalloy torso, was the nuclear-energy cell. it supplied power to run the most sophisticated system of hydraulic actuators and servo-motors ever constructed, enough power to run the lights of a small city for a day. it was designed to last (the) Terminator considerably longer, especially if intense activity was varied with conservation procedures. When (the) Terminator dropped off-line into economy mode, compact energy sinks collected and stored the excess. If the torso was breached and these vital power supplies disturbed, (the) Terminator could be stopped. But the torso was triple armored with the densest alloy ever smelted. (the) Terminator could keep operating at full power for twenty-four hours a day for 1,095 days. During that time it would certainly have opportunities, like now, for economy mode, where power was cut to 40 percent of nominal function. The optical system switched to infra-red only. The motivation units lost 40 percent of hydraulic pressure as the pumps slowed. Power was shunted into sinks and stored." -Frakes, "TERMINATOR"
- The Series 800 Terminator also made a spoof/crossover appearance in the cartoon Spaceballs, The Animated Saga episode "The Scroobinator".
- In 2011, the battle damaged T-800 prop from the Future War scenes of Terminator 2: Judgment Day was sold on the SyFy program Hollywood Treasure for $180,000 USD.
- T800 Technical Data (Fanon)
- ↑ Terminator Salvation trailer
- ↑ The Terminator
- ↑ Rise of the Machines
- ↑ Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
- ↑ The chip seems to be in development: http://www.technologyreview.com/computing/22339/?a=f
- ↑ Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- ↑ The Terminator Collectible Card Game
- ↑ T2 3-D: Battle Across Time
- ↑ Terminator Salvation: Trial by Fire
- ↑ Terminator Salvation weaponry
- ↑ The Terminator: Tempest,The Terminator: Secondary Objectives,The Terminator: The Enemy Within, The Terminator: Death Valley
- ↑ This coding was revealed in some comic series.such as Dark Horse Comics The Terminator: Hunters and Killers.
|<< Series 8xx Terminator >>|