The T-600 has three modes of operation: direct, automatic, and autonomous. The T-600 can be directed by Skynet defense computers like soldiers in a war game, it can react automatically to a wide variety of preprogrammed conditions, or the individual units can be relinquished to their own control and act independently for months on end, combing the ruins on extended search and destroy missions.
The T-600 is usually seen armed with a (presumably) Skynet-upgraded variant of the modern-day M-134 minigun, which seems to be not hardwired and mounted onto the T-600's arm. Some of the T-600 Terminators, such as the T-600, have equipped grenade launcher on the left arms.
In some occasions, the T-600 would carry other weapon such as F-2000 instead of a minigun. Though not accurate, the minigun delivers a lot of fire power as seen when a T-600 is in pursuit of Marcus and Kyle. T-600s have been known to play dead to lure humans into a false sense of security and then attack. It will also shoot off its own limbs if it becomes trapped.
A T-600 features electromagnetic cores built into their joint to help reassemble themselves if arms or legs are blown off the main body.
John Connor notes that the T-600 Terminator is a primitive design. It's bulky and slow and the shoulder joints and the back are vulnerable to gun fire. Also, the motor functions are susceptible and can be momentarily impaired by a knife attack to the targeting system in the back of the neck. The T-600 is easily detectable due to its size and lack of covering over its mechanics.
As a result of these shortcomings, Skynet superseded the T-600 Terminator with the faster, and sleeker Terminator known as the T-800, which featured living tissue over its metal endoskeleton and a hyperalloy combat chassis. However, the T- 600 Terminator may still be encountered providing fire-support for the T-800 Terminators.
Additionally, the rubber skin on the T-600 is less durable to the weathering, making it easily peeled off. Thus, the inner structure will be exposed, sometimes it even rusts.
- Despite its oversized hulking appearance as an Infiltrator, a seven to eight feet tall Terminator mocked-up as a human would only need to disguise itself well enough to get within firing range of a human camp, as it is very difficult to judge size from a distance, as Marcus Wright mistook the Los Angeles T-600 as a human.
Behind the Scenes
- The T-600 from Terminator Salvation is designed by Stan Winston.
- The T-600 from Terminator Salvation timeline is at least 8 ft tall and bigger, grimier and nastier than before.
- This does not contradict the confirmed Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles appearance of rubber-skinned Series 600 Terminators, since this can be a result of the change of the timeline.
- As described for Terminator Salvation, this other "tank-ish" version has far more in common with the T-70 previously established.
Rubie's Costume Co.
- T-600 Endoskeleton (1/6th scale collectible figure, 2009)
- Product code: MMS93
- Accessories: gatling gun ammo pack with harness, movie scene featured figure base with nameplate
- T-600 Endoskeleton (Martin Laing Signature Version) (1/6th scale collectible figure, 2009)
- Product code: MMS97
- Accessories: gatling gun ammo pack (based on the conceptual artwork created by Martin Laing), figure base with nameplate
- T-600 (Concept Version) (1/6th scale collectible figure, 2009)
- Product code: MMS105
- Accessories: removable and simplistic rubber mask, beanie, non-removable gloved hands and boots, gatling gun ammo pack (based on the conceptual artwork created by Martin Laing), environmental display base
- T-600 Endoskeleton (Wacky Wobblers, 2009)
- T-600 with Light-Up LED Eyes (Life-Size Bust, 2009)
- T600 Skull USB Drive (USB drive, 2009)
- Terminator Salvation film
- Terminator Salvation novel
- Terminator Salvation: Cold War
- Terminator Salvation: From the Ashes
- Terminator Salvation: Trial by Fire
Screen captures from the film
Screen captures from games
- ↑ Behind the Scenes of "Terminator Salvation": Reforging the Future, from Terminator Salvation DVD
- ↑ Terminator Salvation novel
- ↑ Terminator Salvation
- ↑ Terminator Salvation: From the Ashes