Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The T-700 is the first generation of the T-800 Terminator.The T-700 is structurally identical to its Terminator cousins but are built solely for combat as it features a more durable endoskeleton than the previous series, but its CPU is less advanced than the T-800. Units of the T-700 are also entirely reliant on Skynet for command and control functions as they lack the ability for independent thought.
Shortly following the Mission to Skynet Central, the T-700 had become Skynet's primary battle unit having had replaced the T-600 and were armed with G11 caseless-round submachine guns. Like the T-600, the T-700 was capable of repairing itself and could function with severe damage to its structure in order to complete its objectives. However, a T-700 could have its targeting systems disabled by piercing the back of the neck just like a T-600 as a T-700 was disabled after being shot in the neck by an arrow
Relationship to the T-800
- The early concept image shows the T-700 as a much larger machine (6'9"-tall) more reminiscent of the T-600 and bear many distinguishing differences between itself and the T-800.
- The final version of the T-700 resembles a T-800 with a darker tone and few slight structural differences, for example: the T-700's teeth are metallic in appearance, whereas the T-800's resembles that of a biological human; the lower jaw of the T-700 is slightly more angular than the T-800's; and the T-700's eye colour is not pure red, instead containing the same orange tint found in T-600s.
- The color difference between T-700 and T-800 mentioned above is presented in the Playmates Terminator Salvation toyline. T-700 and T-800's (as T-RIP) toys share similar molds with different painting application. The molds differ in height by about a third of an inch and feature slight differences, such as the 5 splines protruding from a T-700's lower back instead of the 4 splines of a T-800.
- In Terminator Salvation film, John Connor refers to the T-700s in the factory as T-800s. This is probably because the T-700 and T-800 were structurally similar to each other. Also, Barnes described the T-800 as the refitted T-700 endoskeleton with synthetic skin in the novel Terminator Salvation: Trial by Fire.
- Terminator Salvation marks the first appearance of the T-700 Terminator.
- In Terminator Salvation, the T-700 Terminators in the factory are not protected from the grime of production, resulting in their chassis being covered in oil and other matter that renders their endoskeleton a dark hue.
Behind the Scene
- In Terminator Salvation video game, the T-700's character model is the one from the concept art instead of the one seen in the film.
- The packaging of Playmates action figure for Marcus Wright identifies him as a T-700 Terminator, though this is likely an error as he is actually a T-H.
- The website for Playmates toys shows the T-700 as the Terminator first encountered in the film Terminator Salvation. However, this is proven to be incorrect as the first on-screen Terminator is clearly a T-600 in Skynet VLA.
- Movie Masterpiece Series
- T-700 Endoskeleton (1/6th scale collectible figure, 2009)
- Product code: MMS94
- Accessories: Movie scene featured figure base with nameplate
- Diorama Masterpiece Series
- T-700 Factory (1/6th scale Diorama, 2009)
- Product code: DMS03
- Accessories: none
- T-700 (Life-size bust)
- Terminator Salvation (First appearance)
- Video games
- Terminator Salvation game (cameo)
- Trading Cards
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Terminator Salvation: Reforging the Future, from Terminator Salvation DVD
- ↑ Mentioned by a Resistance scientist in Terminator Salvation: Trial by Fire.
- ↑ Mentioned by Jik in Terminator Salvation: Trial by Fire.
- ↑ Terminator Salvation: Trial by Fire.
- ↑ Playmates Toys figures and packaging - The Terminator Files
- T-90 - Humanoid Hunter-Killer, the T-800 Terminator without living tissue outer sheath
- T-801 - The T-800 Terminator without living tissue outer sheath, for Heavy Combat purpose.
|<< Series 8xx Terminator >>|