Sarah's birth dateEdit
Where do they give Sarah's birth year as definitively in 1965? The script for The Terminator gives her age as 19, but that only gives us a range of possible dates for her birth (1964 May 11 – 1965 May 15). Furthermore from SCC; on 1999 August 24 her FBI file says she is 33 which gives a different (non-overlapping) range (1965 August 25 – 1966 August 23).
Note that SCC also screwed up John's age. Based on his birthday as shown in T2 he would be 14 not 15 when the series starts. The series has also strongly implied that T2 happened in September 1997. when T2 itself shows that it happened in 1995. —MJBurrage(T•C) 04:14, 30 January 2008 (UTC)
- My suggestion is that we make a little headline of Sarah's birth, and write about all different dates that we know of from movie, books and comics etc. Really nice that you have done the research MJBurrage, why not just use what you found and write it in the page? Do you have other dates from other sources? Ascaaear 07:17, 30 January 2008 (UTC)
I just added a description of the details from various cannon sources. Before anyone complains about it coming from Wikipedia, I am the editor who wrote the same section there, and all my postings are released to the Public Domain, so the is no licensing issue.
A side note I did not include, combing the on-screen details from T2 and the T1 script reduces the range for Sarah's birth date to 1965-03-01 – 1965-05-15, but this does not match SCC. Where as 1965-08-25 – 1966-08-24 works for all on-screen evidence in T1, T2 and SCC, but does not match her age as given in the, by now well known, T1 script. —MJBurrage(T•C) 18:01, 3 February 2008 (UTC)
Not sure, but I seem to remember reading that Sarah was only 17 at the time of the original movie. Oh well, the dates are all screwed up anyway. May 12, 1985 was actually a Saturday, but Ginger says "It's Friday night, for Crissakes." Sec 1971 03:07, 15 August 2008 (UTC)
- It says on the site in a citation page it's from the novelization of the first film. - Nx1701g 05:46, 10 October 2008 (UTC)
The article lists one of Sarah's aliases as "Sgt. Johnson ("The Demon Hand")"
I don't remember that one... does that ring a bell for anyone? --Kanamekun 04:36, 11 March 2008 (UTC)
- That's the name Sarah used when calling the FBI about the hand. Hardly an alias. Jfedor 10:09, 11 March 2008 (UTC)
Sarah Connor (Alternate Timeline)Edit
Should we start another entry for Sarah Connor from The Sarah Connor Chronicles? We have one for John. Nx1701g 05:44, 10 October 2008 (UTC)
Defiantly. We really haven't updated her page to the events in SCC as the episodes passed by. And She's the main character of the show! Heyann 19:11, 10 October 2008 (UTC)
- Actually, it'd be great to hear some thoughts on why we should create a separate page for her TSCC character (besides that we're trying it out for a bit with John's page). John Connor appeared in T3 in a clearly different timeline, so differentiating between his T3 and his TSSC timeline feels like it's worth trying. But Sarah didn't appear in T3, so we could handle her "death" there pretty easily on the same page as her T1/T2/TSSC character.
- Thoughts? --Kanamekun 19:28, 10 October 2008 (UTC)
- Well we've had the change of some dates to accomodate The Sarah Connor Chronicles (the events of T2 changed for example) and we've had the introduction of new information from the character's childhood.
- And as we've proven on the Kyle Reese talk page, there is a horrible offest in the events of The Terminator due to the TSCC date establishments for John's birth. Although the intent of the series was to preserve everything from the first two movies intact and unchanged and spur off on their own timeline between T2 and T3, they have fundamentally screwed that pooch.Fulongamer 02:03, 11 October 2008 (UTC)