Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Terminator 2: Judgment Day, and ignoring almost completely the events of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines a whole new timeline is warranted to catalog the events, this is the A3 timeline. This Timeline suggests that if Sarah Connor had not died in 1997 from cancer that these events would take place.
- Lack of actual dates given for events, and unspecified changes in continuity dates, makes this timeline not 100% accurate.
The timeline established by the Sarah Connor Chronicles (Alternate from Films)
- Myron Stark terminates the primary opposition to his acquisition of the property at Pico Plaza, clearing the way for it to insure construction of the tower where it will attempt to terminate the governor in 2010.
- Time travelling agent (faction unknown), known as "The Engineer" arranges for time displacement equipment to be built inside the vault of Security Trust of Los Angeles, and places parts for an isotope fueled weapon in numerous safety deposit boxes. It is later used by Sarah Connor, her son, and Cameron in 1999.
- Sarah Connor is born.
- The events of The Terminator take place
- November 14
- John Connor is born.
- At the end of "Automatic for the People", Riley Dawson mentions the date as November 16 (of presumably 2007, though she does not state the year) when she calls John. The end of the episode took place a day after the beginning of the episode, and the beginning of the episode took place one day after John Connor's birthday in episodes "What He Beheld" and "Samson & Delilah". This would makes John Connor's birth date in this timeline November 14, 1983. This contradicts information in Terminator 1 and Terminator 2: Judgment Day: Terminator 1 was set in May 1984, so John's birth had to be around nine months later, and in Terminator 2, John Connor's birth date is explicitly given in his police record as February 28, 1985. One possible explanation for this is how the T-800 could have been sent back further in time due to unexpected events. The same theory explains why the series specifies 2027 while the movies state 2029.
- John Connor is born.
- Derek Reese is born at some point in this time-frame.
- For a brief period of time, John and Sarah Connor stay in the unincorporated community of Garberville in Humboldt County, CA. As stated in "Episode 219: Today Is The Day, Part 2", they described the town as a community of pot growers where John was constantly was getting in to fights with local kids and Sarah worked as a waitress at the Eel River Cafe serving pancakes. The town is noted for having one Sequoia and three Sages.
- The Connors have settled down believing they have averted Judgment Day. Meanwhile, Sarah remains on the FBI's most wanted list for having allegedly killed Miles Dyson; Agent James Ellison is in charge of her case.
- Still undercover, Sarah meets Charley Dixon.
- June 29
- Cameron arrives to the past from 2027, to protect John Connor.
- August 24
- Sarah and John leave Charley shortly after becoming engaged.
- September 6
- John starts school in Red Valley, New Mexico and meets reprogrammed Terminator, Cameron, who is posing as a classmate
- September 7
- Cromartie impersonates a substitute teacher and opens fire at John's school. John is protected by Cameron.
- September 8
- John, Sarah, and Cameron drive to Terissa Dyson to seek her help; they get to her house sometime past midnight (so technically, on September 9).
- September 9
- John, Sarah, and Cameron use Time Displacement Equipment in a bank vault to jump to the year 2007. Cromartie's head follows.
- 1999 to 2006
- During this period, Sarah and John Connor are believed to be dead, killed in the explosion that levelled the bank as they time-jumped to 2007 and (temporarily) destroyed Cromartie. Presumably "Cameron Phillips" is similarly believed dead, either killed in the explosion as well (after apparently holding up the bank at gunpoint) or shot to death at the school.
- Charley Dixon, moves to Los Angeles, and becomes a hero for his paramedics work. He also marries another woman.
- Enrique becomes informer for the FBI, to gain a pardon.
- Agent James Ellison becomes a respected detective.
- Kyle Reese is born
- According to Cameron, Sarah was originally to die of cancer this year, but this year has been bypassed due to her time travelling from 1999.
- Derek Reese, and three other Resistance fighters arrive from the year 2027.
- September 9
- Sarah Connor, John Connor, and Cameron arrive in 2007 from 1999 and decide to stop Skynet once and for all. Cromartie, whose head also travelled through time, rebuilds himself and continues on his mission to find and terminate John Connor. Agent Ellison follows up on the deaths, which unknown to him are linked to terminators.
- October 25
- November 14
- John Connor's 16th birthday as specified by the series, contradicting the cannon in T1 and T2 (explained above under "1983")
- Derek Reese takes John Connor to the park for his 16th birthday, where they witness a 5 year old Kyle Reese and his younger self playing ball. Derek reveals that he knows John's parentage.
- Cameron is damaged in a car bomb and Margos Sarkissian attacks Sarah and John. Cameron goes bad and attempts to terminate John.
- November 15–16
- John Connor meets Riley Dawson for the first time at school during the school term.
- Early June 2008
- "Episode 203: The Mousetrap"
- Hot late spring. People on vacation at the pier where John meets Cromartie.
- Late June 2008
- Cameron calls Allison Young's mother, Mrs. Claire Young, who is very pregnant presumably with Allison.
- Hot early summer 2008
- July 22
- Allison Young is born.
- Early September 2008
- Episode 205: Goodbye to All That"
- Start of school year for military cadets at P. Alto.
- Fall 2008
- Riley Dawson, John Connor's girlfriend, a petulant teenager with a flippant attitude "goofs off" by giving John Connor the wrong date code signal message and leaves T:SCC fans everywhere with temporal time displacement headache!
- November 2
- Day of the Dead. Cromartie tracks John Connor to Mexico, and is destroyed there.
- November 14
- John Connor's 17th birthday, not mentioned in the series.
- Charley Dixon dies trying to save John Connor during attack by the Greys.
- Derek Reese is shot and killed by the Water Delivery Guy
- Sarah Connor is arrested
- John Connor and Cameron break Sarah Connor out of prison, resulting in significant damage to Cameron
- Cameron gives her chip to John Henry who jumps into the future. The Kaliba Group drone makes a suicidal attack on the Zeira Corporation building. John Connor and Catherine Weaver go after John Henry and Cameron, leaving Sarah Connor and James Ellison behind. It is unknown what happened next due to the series being canceled.
Judgment Day and Beyond
- Sarah Connor was originally fated to die of cancer in 2005, six years after 1999. If she is not able to avoid this fate, she can expect to die six years after 2007 (presuming, of course, other events such as Judgment Day itself don't alter this scenario).
- Kyle Reese, and John Connor escape Century Work Camp.
- John Henry, Catherine Weaver, and John Connor arrived from 2008. All the previous notes are negated and timeline events are to be re-set. To be continued ... (Post - "Episode 222: Born to Run").
- Battle of Kansas Bunker
- Resistance fighter Allison Young captured, interrogated and killed by Terminator Cameron.
- December 8
- The Battle of Avila Beach - Humans regain control of Serrano Point from Skynet control
- Derek Reese, Sayles, Billy Wisher and others are captured while tracking "a Centaur patrol". They are imprisoned with other humans in a house guarded by Series 600 terminators and subjected to unknown psychological torture/testing. This is presumably where Derek meets Cameron Phillips or a model like her or senior Grey collaborator Charles Fisher for the first time.
- Billy reveals his true identity as Andy Goode, and the part he played in the creation of Skynet.
- Terminator Cameron attempts infiltration of John Connor's base camp, is discovered, captured, and re-programmed.
- John Connor sends Kyle Reese back to 1983, to protect his mother (as seen in The Terminator).
- Derek and company are unceremoniously released/abandoned by their captors without explanation.
- Jesse Flores meets Derek Reese at Eagle Rock Bunker, they find Sidney Field, bring her back to the Serrano Point base camp where Lauren Field is working.
- USS Jimmy Carter, a submarine operated by the Resistance and Captained by T-888 Queeg with Jesse, is sent deep into a Skynet controlled zone where it evades the Skynet warship Kraken and later docks at a Deep Sea Oil Platform near Indonesia and recover a package from a Series 600 infiltrator and two Series 888 endoskeletons. Jesse loses Derek's child. On return to base, she is debriefed by Cameron and learns question to the answer "No".
- Derek Reese meets re-programmed Terminator Cameron and "The Rogue" Terminator.
- Derek Reese has meeting with future John Connor.
- Four resistance fighters, including Derek Reese, are sent back to 2007 to aid the young John Connor, and his mother.
- Derek operating on his own agenda intends to prevent the creation of Skynet by murdering Andy Goode and other persons identified as critical to the creation of Skynet.
- Another resistance fighter, known only as The Engineer, is sent back to 1963 to presumably facilitate Cameron's mission 33 years later.
- Cameron is sent back to 1999 to protect the Connors (her mission parameters likely include time-jumping Sarah and John to 2007).
- Resistance fighter Wells sent back to 2008 with information for Sarah & Co. Only survives long enough to write info on Sarah's basement wall.
- Jesse Flores and Riley Dawson go 'AWOL' back to 2008.
Timeline Difficulties, Anomalies, and Changes
Kyle Reese's Mission
- Kyle Reese in The Terminator reveals to Sarah that he came from the year 2029. As shown in Derek Reese's flash forward/flash back seen in Dungeons & Dragons, it reveals he was sent back in the year 2027, two years before what the movie states. This is probably due to his and Sarah's efforts to prevent Judgment Day.
- The differences in the dates may be explained a few different ways: Either the timeline was altered due to the events of Terminator 2: Judgment Day, or the writers of TSCC failed to take into account the two years that Kyle spent in Recon/Security directly under Connor (2027-2029), after his tenure with Perry (2021-2027).
Kyle Reese's birth
- Events in "What He Beheld" establish a different birthdate in for Kyle Reese from that established in The Terminator as 2008. As shown in Derek's flash-forward to the SCC Judgment Day placing him at age 8, and stating in the SCC "present" he is age 5, the revised birthdate must be in 2002.
The Terminator Events/John's Birth
- The first Terminator movie clearly takes place in 1984, with John's birth happening sometime later that year or in early 1985 (February 1985 is the birth date given in Terminator 2). Dates given in "Automatic for the People" show that John's would have been 16 on November 14, 1999, making his DOB November 14, 1983, moving The Terminator back to taking place in the Winter/Spring of 1983
John's Age During Terminator 2's Events
- The television series states that John is fifteen during the start of the show. Since it starts in 1999 (before they leap to 2007), John would have to have been about thirteen (going on fourteen) years old during the events of Terminator 2. This actually works with opening monologue of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines saying that John was 13 during that period, both of which go against the 1985 birth date seen on screen in Terminator 2: Judgment Day making him a rather foul mouthed 9 or 10 year old.
How many years after Terminator 2?
- Dialog in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles pilot episode (John saying that it's been almost two years) and in "The Turk" (2007 being the 10th anniversary of Miles Dyson's death) make it two years from 1999 back to 1997.
Illness and death of Sarah Connor
- The opening of T3 establishes that Connor died of terminal leukemia in 1997, having been diagnosed three years earlier (which suggests a T2 date of no later than 1994 as no reference to her having leukemia is made in the film). However the TV series has shown her to be alive and apparently well (as a doctor is later unable to find any indication of cancer) in 1999. It should be noted Cameron indicates in "Gnothi Seauton" that she was originally fated to die of cancer in 2005.
Kate Brewster's Absence
- It is generally accepted in the movie franchise's T3 & T4 timeline that Kate Brewster becomes John Connor's wife, and a leader of Tech-Com. John meets her at the age of 13, as told in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, at a make-out party the day before the events of T2 begin. As Terminator 3 is almost completely ignored in this show, Kate Brewster's role in this timeline is undetermined. Though as they time jump 8 years into the future, Kate, born 5 years before John, would be 13 years older than John making a relationship a little less likely.
- Derek Reese is Kyle Reese's brother in the Sarah Connor Chronicles. He does not appear in the films. It is unknown whether the events of Terminator 2 caused his birth or if he died off-screen in the Terminator 3 timeline.