"Terminator 6" is a placeholder name for the upcoming sixth Terminator film. The film will be directed by Tim Miller, with James Cameron serving as producer and will be released on July 26, 2019.
The film will ignore the events of Terminator Genisys. It has been cited as being a sequel to Terminator 2: Judgment Day. It will be the first film of a planned trilogy, though Cameron has stated that the film will be the first of a three film arc, but that the prospects of the next two films will depend on how Terminator 6 fares financially.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, as the human that serves as the physical template for the 101 model of the T-800.
- Linda Hamilton
- Mackenzie Davis
A "Terminator 6" of sorts was conceived as being at least one of two sequels to Genisys, though was referred to as "Terminator 2" internally. This sequel was originally set for release on May 19, 2017. "Terminator 6" (a seventh film) would have followed on June 29, 2018. Due to below expected box office returns and critical reception, the Genisys sequels were put on hold. Paramount later put the franchise on hold, and the planned "Terminator 6" was removed from Paramount's production slate.
In May 2017, Schwarzenegger stated that he would return for Terminator 6. With the rights to the franchise set to revert to James Cameron in 2019, it was stated that he would reboot the franchise. In August 2017, it was confirmed that the film would begin filming in March 2018, with Tim Miller directing, and Cameron producing, and that it would be the first installment of a new trilogy.
- ↑ TERMINATOR: LINDA HAMILTON WILL RETURN FOR NEW FILM
- ↑ New ‘Terminator’ Will Be Back Summer 2019
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 EXCLUSIVE: SCHWARZENEGGER TALKS TERMINATOR 6
- ↑ James Cameron Sounds the Alarm on Artificial Intelligence and Unveils a 'Terminator' for the 21st Century
- ↑ James Cameron Talks Developing The Avatar Sequels And The Uncertain Future Of His Franchises
- ↑ Terminator 6: Schwarzenegger Will Be the Human Basis for the T-800
- ↑ 'Terminator: Genisys' Sequels Get Release Dates in 2017 & 2018
- ↑ 'Terminator: Genisys': Planned Sequels and TV Series In Doubt
- ↑ Terminator: Genisys Sequels On Indefinite Hold
- ↑ Terminator: Genisys Sequel Removed from Paramount Release Calendar
- ↑ Arnold Schwarzenegger Says He’s Back For James Cameron-Produced Terminator 6
- ↑ Schwarzenegger Returning for Terminator 6; Starts Filming In 2018