The War Against the Machines is the future war that takes place after Judgment Day. It involves the human Resistance led by John Connor against the Terminators made by Skynet. It is sometimes referred to as the War between Man and Machines, the War of the Machines, the Future War, or simply the War. The war has changed throughout the timelines due to alternations to history mostly caused by time travel.
Versions of the War
- The version of the War in the original, unaltered timeline. It was depicted in futures scenes in The Terminator, Terminator 2: Judgment Day and Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines.
- The version of the War in the Terminator Salvation timeline. It was depicted in Terminator Salvation after the Pre-Judgment Day Missions.
- The version of the War in the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles timeline. It was depicted in future scenes in various episodes of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.
- The Terminator
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
- Terminator Salvation
- Terminator Genisys
- T2: Infiltrator
- T2: Rising Storm
- T2: The Future War
- Terminator Salvation: From the Ashes
- Terminator Salvation (novel)
- Video games
- The Terminator: Dawn of Fate
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (video game)
- Terminator 3: War of the Machines
- Terminator 3: The Redemption
- Terminator Salvation - The Video Game
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
- ↑ Scene 4, 215 in the script of the motion picture [[Terminator 2: Judgment Day (film)|]]
- ↑ At least in Jade's World, the Resistance is lead by people other than John Connor.
- ↑ Voice over by John Connor, at the beginning of [[Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (film)|]].
- ↑ Scene 30E, 89A, A123, 215 of the Terminator 2: Judgment Day script