The Thompson SMG (or "Tommy Gun") is an American submachine gun designed in World War I by General John T. Thompson and made (in)famous in the prohibition era. Due to its high capacity "drum" magazine, which allowed a single shooter to clear a room fairly quickly, it was popular with law enforcement and mobsters alike.
The Thompson achieved most of its early notoriety in the hands of Prohibition and Depression-era gangsters and in Hollywood films, most notably in the St. Valentine's Day Massacre. It was often referred to as the "gun that made the twenties roar".
- Cartridge: .45 ACP
- Weight: 10.6-10.8 lbs. (depending on exact model)
- Length: 32-33.5 in. (depending on model)
- Action: Blowback
- ROF: 600-1200 rounds/min.
- Feed System: 20 or 30 round box, 50 or 100 round drum magazine
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
The isotope weapon, stored at a certain point after 1963, uses parts from the Thomson SMG.
Myron Stark used a Tommy Gun during his bank heists and for his planned assassination of the Californian governour. Cameron later uses that weapon on him.
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles