The Uzi is a submachine gun first produced in the 1950s by the Israeli gun designer Uziel Gal. It has since been adopted and modified by many companies, such as Israel Military Industries and FN Herstal. Due to its relatively small size, it is typically used by undercover agents, Secret Service, and terrorists as a personal defense weapon. It is, however, larger than some submachine guns and machine pistols produced in modern times.
- Mini Uzi, Basically a scaled-down version of the Uzi, first introduced in 1980. The Mini Uzi is 23.62 in. long or 14.17 in. long with the stock folded.
- Carbine, with a longer 16 in. barrel to meet minimum legal rifle overall length requirements for civilian sales in the United States when the stock is folded.
- Micro Uzi, An even further scaled down version of the Uzi, introduced in 1982. The Micro Uzi is 19.13 in. long or 9.45 in. long with the stock folded. Its barrel length is 5.28 in.
- Micro Uzi Para
- Micro Uzi Pro
- UZI Pistol, a semi-automatic version of the Micro Uzi and does not have a stock.
The T-800 obtained an Uzi 9mm from a pawnshop in Los Angeles, and subsequently used it at the Tech Noir night club in his attempt to terminate Sarah Connor. When Kyle Reese intervened, the Terminator fired the Uzi at him, destroying countless glasses and bottles behind the bar. Several patrons were also killed.
- Until recently, Israelis traditionally arranged their full names with the surname first, thus the Uziel in Uziel Gal is actually his family name, and not his given name.
- In the Randall Frakes novelization, Kyle Reese inspects the dropped Uzi, only to discard it when he notices that the receiver has been damaged by one of his shotgun blasts.