|Portrayed by:||Arnold Schwarzenegger, Samuel L. Jackson (voice)|
|Franchise(s):||Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines|
|First Appearance:||Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines|
|Last Appearance:||Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines|
Sgt. Candy is selected by Cyber Research Systems as the physical model for the artificial skin of the Cyberdyne Systems Model 101 for the Terminators. Candy's jovial Southern voice, however, is replaced by that of a CRS representative.
Behind the Scenes
- The "Sgt. Candy scene" is not present in the final cut of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, but it does appear as a bonus feature on the DVD as well as an unlockable bonus cinematic on the Terminator 3: The Redemption videogame. In a bit of humorous back-fill, the CRS representative who stated that Candy's voice can be "fixed", was dubbed by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- In the Making of the Video Game from the Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines DVD, it is implied that this scene was filmed to be used as a cut scene, and not actually intended to be used in the theatrical release. Since the scene was not included in the film and has, to date, not been reinstated in any subsequent edits (unlike, for example, the Kyle Reese and elderly-Sarah sequences which were reedited into reissues of Terminator 2: Judgment Day), its status in terms of canon remains unclear.
- It's possibly not canon due to Terminator Salvation, since as of 2018, Skynet was still searching for a proper model for the Series 800 Terminator.
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (cut content)
- Voiceover: CRS (Cyber Research Systems) presents a preview of our upcoming product line. Say hello to the soldier of tomorrow; the T1 Battlefield Robot, a fully autonomous Ground Offensive System; and in the air, the Hunter Killer Aerial Weapons Platform. This isn't science fiction, it's realty thanks to our top secret innovation — Skynet — the revolutionary artificially intelligent Battlefield Management Network. From intercontinental missiles to the individual soldier in the field, Skynet is able to control them all.
- General Brewster: Sorry I'm late, gentlemen.
- Politician: We just got started Bob, take a seat.
- General Brewster: It's ok, proceed.
- Voiceover: Great leaders aren't born they're made, right here with the technology developed at CRS. With the advent of exiting new technology, the loss of even one soldier in combat is intolerable.
- General Brewster: You do know the patents were obtained from a private vendor, Cyberdyne?
- Politician: Cyberdyne!? That's ancient history.
- Voiceover: Using designs generated by Skynet, we need no longer risk the well being of our men and women in uniform. Robots will take their place on the front line.
- CMSgt. Candy: (with a thick southern accent) Hi, I'm Chief Master Sergeant William Candy. I was honored to be selected by CRS in the ongoing effort to save American lives.
- Politician: I don't know about that accent.
- CRS representative: (Schwarzenegger's voice) We can fix it.
- CMSgt. Candy: It is now within our power to make war safe, and that, is truly priceless. CRS brings you the face of the future. Ooo, it's me!